Friday, April 30, 2010

My Journey Ironman AZ 2010

I am so blessed to be training for another Ironman. I will do Ironman AZ on November 21st 2010 with my good friends - Bay, Jenny, Charles and Steve (did I leave anyone else out - if I did - sorry!).
Life has changed a bit since my 2008 Ironman - I went through a divorce, changed into a new role at work, Torun Grace is now 4 and half (can you believe it?). One thing hasn't changed - I still have my hamstring injury! HA
I do realize that this will probably be my last Ironman distance until Torun gets to be the age that she no longer wants to be with her Mom and I have to drop her off 2 blocks away from school! It is very difficult for me to leave her (as I have her every other weekend) so I have the guilt (which was there before but not to this level) of not being home when she is there. I try and do my best getting up early on the weekends to get my long workouts in but sometimes this body that is getting older wants to sleep just a wee bit more.
I get asked many times - why do you do this? I do this because I can. I have a wonder support system of family and friends that I bring with me on this journey. So many people have already said - Tiff we are heading to AZ with you. What an honor - I am a lucky chick! I also do it because it is the ultimate challenge - in my head I hear "Tiffany You Are An Ironman" every single day - I get chills every time I think about it. You will never experience anything in your life that will take you to the depth of your soul like an Ironman and make you dig deep - very deep.
I have an amazing partner in crime (TJ) who supports me, helps me and holds me up after some races;) He is my Sherpa and without him I can't imagine life or going through this journey without him. He brings me balance, love and support. Even when I am a sore loser and throw my finshers medal into the lake (I wonder if there is a frog wearing my Chisago Half Ironman medal) he brings me to reality and belives in me unconditionally. So you will probably hear his name a time or two in my blog;)
I am coached by Coach T (Teresa Brenneke) out of G4 Endurance Racing. I will also race for her team. She takes the thinking out of my training so I can focus on work, life and getting in the distance. I am so grateful to her and her abilities, friendship and belief in me (when sometimes I lose it in myself).
I am lucky to be training a lot with my friend Bay. Bay and I keep each other in check - "hey did you work out today " - nope I ate chips on the couch:) HA - I am so excited for him to be doing this race with me. He is such a talented athlete. I hope to also do more training with Charles (who works an awful lot), Jenny (who is now a sponsored athlete - way to go) and Steve (who lives on the other side of the world from the "east" siders but hopefully he will come our way and we will go his.
I will do my best to update my blog as much as possible (it may not be daily - sorry).
To all of my friends and family (you know who you are - Shannon, Mary, Karen, Mom, Dad - too many to name) - I can't wait to make you proud on November 21st - I will do my best. Oh and another reason I am doing this - I want that damn Kona Spot -
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!! Let's do it ---------

1 comment:

  1. By the way - it is supposed to be dessert and not desert - I race/workout for the icecream!

    ReplyDelete