Wednesday, June 30, 2010

YA YA YA

Ya ya ya - I know. It's been quite some time since I posted anything. I guess trying to manage everything has taken it's toll on my posting commitment! For this I apolgize.
I have had some very good training over the last month - including my first race of the season - New Brighton (1AG and 6th overall). It was decent but I wanted top 3. We also completed our first 100 mile ride (thanks Charles, Tom and Steve). We encourtered downpours, cold and then sun on the last 50. Runs have been decent. Swimming - I plan on starting with SEMS to get my butt kicked on a regular basis. I did end up getting sick (which is common for me as I start to increase training time). That was a nasty summer cold. This week - I am not able to join either as TJ was traveling for work so I was hanging with Torun in the am and I teach tomorrow so I am hoping to start next week. My training for the swims goes well and then I get in the race environment and I am coming out of the water not happy with my times/placement - which means I have to work way too hard on the bike and the run to make up for it. I know that SEMS has brought success to many so I am hoping that I get the same result. I do also need my left arm looked at as I get nothing from a movement stand point - it's like it just goes through the actions.
Next up - 5 mile race at the cabin (last year 3rd overall for the women) and then Timberman is next Saturday.
Next week TJ and the kids are staying up at the cabin so my training time will be very long as I am not going to taper for Timberman and try and train through it as it is not a "key" race. Hard to believe that Chisago is less than a month away! Holy crap!
I will do my best to post more often - removing the expectation of posting daily - not going to happen. SORRY:( My life is boring anyway! HA
Today - ride/run brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment