Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Base Run Turns Into Excellent Run!!

So my question today -- why when your coach gives you a base run that you go out and try and do an easy run to only look down and see a 7:30 first mile - WHOOPPPSSS! I felt awesome today. My other question - what contributes to a good workout? I had few calories, a stressful day at work and not enough sleep. Other days - I go out thinking - I am well fueled, good sleep, lots of liquid the day before and I have a horrible run. The body is a strange machine.
I have been very achy lately - not sure if it is my lupus acting up or what. My recovery takes longer than it did in the past. Well it doesn't help that I am 2 years older than my last Ironman. I should probably go in and get it checked as I have not had tests taken in quite some time.
Anyway - solid 7 miles today. Well I better go take care of a screaming Torun Grace - she is 4.5 right? WOW - the tears come quick:)
Tomorrow - Chiropractor at Life Clinic and a 45 drill session in the pool and that is it! What will I do with myself? Perhaps some laundry so I can find the carpet in the closet;)
RUN ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment