Monday, May 24, 2010

OH MY GOODNESS

Well all that I can say that my training is going very well right now. I am scared that the bubble will burst (hopefully not next weekend at my first race). Sorry - I just realized that I have not posted since last Thursday (I do have a valid excuse that I will go into in a bit).
Thursday - most excllent swim - open water with Bay, Angie, Dave and Coach T. The water was nice - (and also counts towards my ice bath quota). 7 mile run squeezed in - went very well and feeling strong. Also - did YOGA last Thursday so quite a busy day.
Friday - 2 mile pool swim. My shoulder is bothering me for some odd reason. I went to my chiropractor today and he said that my traps were so tight that I am not able to swim tomorrow. I will ice my shoulder tonight. It feels like something is caught. I am lucky in the fact that I have been a swimmer since the 6th grade and I have never had any rotator cuff problems (why now but I guess it is what it is).
The challenges now come - we picked up Torun Grace from school on Friday night - drove home, opened the door to the Tahoe and Torun Grace surprised me with a projectile vomit episode (to the point that I had peaches dripping from my eyebrows). The entire night was vomit after vomit - so needless to say Torun had the flu:(
Woke up Saturday and she was still running a little fever and coughing. TJ (bless his heart) hung out with her so I could get my run in. I had a fantastic run (and I don't know why - no sleep, no food and no hydration) - 1:32 for 12.8 miles??? AHR was 164 (factoring in Valley Creek hills and Stone Mill).
Sunday - 2 hour ride as that is all I could be away from my girl. She feels better but still has a little cough.
Taught today - Aerobic Endurance - nice ride. Tomorrow I will increase my run mileage slightly as I am not able to swim (my shoulder does need a break).
Looking forward to getting out of town for the weekend. Open water swims, biking with the bears (hopefully I don't see one) and running with the wolves (hopefully I don't see one of those either!) HA

No comments:

Post a Comment