Monday, May 17, 2010

Long Weekend

What a crazy couple of days that I have had. Friday way too much going on. I had a 4 hour brick - great workout. Swim (75 minutes), bike (2.5 hours) and a 2.5 mile run with speed. I had to cram in my Sunday workout as we ran the Apple Blossom 1/2 marathon yesterday.
Saturday - I ran around at the Twin Cities Marathon children's event. We had roughly 1200 kids. It was awesome to see the eagerness of the children. I am so proud to be a part of helping to shape the fitness and health habits of our children - such an honor. It was amazing to see what a "great job - keep going - you can do it" can do for a child.
Sunday - as mentioned we did the Apple Blossom 1/2 marathon - HOLY SHI$ that is a difficult course. I would much rather ride those hills than run them! Afton is such a beautiful area. It was fun to run with Shannon and Steve - we have such a great time together. I have had better runs - out late Saturday night and didn't eat much on Saturday spells rough run for Tiff! It kind of felt like the run on Chisago Half Ironman from last year - ha.
Well I am off to the airport to try and balance travel for work and my training! FUN FUN
Have a great day - it's raining in Kansas City:(

No comments:

Post a Comment